How to Audition
Still accepting digital applications for 2022 – complete the application form and submit your video.
Drama Audition Application
To Apply – ALL applicants
- Complete the online application form, answering all questions (add extra pages if required).
- Upload a recent headshot photograph to your application.
- Submit the completed form with credit card details for $70.00 (Please note the audition fee is non-refundable).
- Submit your video for the first stage of the audition process.
Entry requirements: Students must be 18 years or over by the 1st of January the year their studies commence. Students must have completed Year 12 High School or equivalent. Acceptance is by audition only. This course is open to international students (see International Prospectus for full details). Students must meet all requirements and pass all units of competency in each subsequent year to obtain the qualification.
On receipt of the application, the auditionee is emailed the monologue booklet and a link to the Drama Audition Video Submission Form.
What happens next?
Still accepting Digital Auditions
Video/digital audition process: The 2 stage process
Stage 1 – Video
Video submission of two monologues; one Shakespeare and one contemporary (one monologue is to be chosen from the school’s booklet, the other may be of your own choosing).
When choosing please note:
- your Shakespeare choice must be in verse – NOT PROSE.
- The Contemporary choice can be from 1900 to the present day.
Once prepared, video yourself – frame size: whole body.
Then upload either the video or a youtube/vimeo video link into the Video Submission Form that has been emailed to you.
Stage 2 – Individual Interview (January 2022)
Your application will be reviewed in conjunction with your video submission. The tutors will be looking for evidence of:
- an ability to relax sufficiently to engage with what they are performing
- an enjoyment of performance
- an ability to maintain focus
- An ability to communicate and connect with text
If you are successful at stage 1, you will be invited for a zoom, or if in Melbourne, an in person interview where you may be workshopped through your monologue and to assess your suitability to the Advanced Diploma of Acting, and looking for further evidence of:
- an ability to play and invent
- an ability to imaginatively engage in a fictional situation
- commitment to collaborative creation
All auditionees will receive notification of the outcome of their audition within 7 days of their final audition.
For all enrolled Advanced Diploma of Acting students, Term 1 will commence in February 2022. All students will be required to attend the formal Orientation Day before commencing study. *Please note: there is no mid-year intake available for this course