YES – we are still accepting applications!
Submit your video asap to be considered.
How to Audition
For the 2021 intake, all auditions will be conducted via video in the first instance for both international, interstate and local students. Audition submissions can be sent at any time from September onwards. All places will be finalised by late January 2021. On rare occasions, and if a place becomes available, we may accept applications after this date – contact email@example.com if you are interested beyond this date.
Drama Audition Application
- Complete all pages of the application form answering all questions (add extra pages if required).
- Upload a recent headshot photograph to your application (applications without photos will be returned).
- Submit the completed form with credit card details for $60.00 (Please note the audition fee is non-refundable).
- Submit your video for the first stage of the audition process.
Entry requirements: Students must be 19 years or over by the 1st of January the year their studies commence. Students must have completed Year 12 High School or equivalent. Acceptance is by audition only. This course is open to international students (see International Prospectus for full details). Students must meet all requirements and pass all units of competency in each subsequent year to obtain the qualification.
What happens next?
On receipt of the application, the auditionee is emailed the monologue booklet and the Drama Audition Video Submission Form.
The Audition will consist of three stages
Stage 1 – Video
Video submission of two monologues; one Shakespeare and one contemporary. (Only one monologue is to be chosen from the school’s booklet, the other must be of your own choosing).
When choosing please note:
- your Shakespeare choice must be in verse – NOT PROSE.
- The Contemporary choice can be from 1900 to the present day.
Once prepared, video yourself – frame size: whole body.
Then upload either the video or a youtube/vimeo video link into the Video Submission Form that has been emailed to you.
Stage 2 – Individual Interview (From Mid-October)
Your application will be reviewed in conjunction with your video submission. The tutors will be looking for evidence of:
- an ability to relax sufficiently to engage with what they are performing
- an enjoyment of performance
- an ability to maintain focus
- An ability to communicate and connect with text
If you are successful at stage 1, you will be invited for a zoom interview where you may be workshopped through your monologue and to assess your suitability to the Advanced Diploma of Acting, and looking for further evidence of:
- an ability to play and invent
- an ability to imaginatively engage in a fictional situation
- commitment to collaborative creation
Stage 3 – Group Audition
A major component of the course is working with a group to produce work. As such, your ability to work within a group is part of the auditioning process. All auditionees, once they have had their individual zoom interview, will then be invited to a Group Zoom Audition and will be guided through some activities.*This process may be offered in person for candidates able to access the studios, subject to COVID restrictions.
All auditionees will receive notification of the outcome of their audition within 7 days of the group audition.
For all enrolled Advanced Diploma of Acting students, Term 1 will commence on Monday 1 February 2021. All students will be required to attend the formal Orientation Day on Thursday 28 January 2021.