Operating procedures for Staff, Students & Parents
The following information is provided for parents, students and staff, attending Term 3 at the National Theatre Schools. It is essential that we maintain a safe working environment for all attending the schools.
The following procedures are there-fore mandatory.
Latest news and updates:
Melbourne and Mitchell Shire are currently under stage 4 restrictions
You are only allowed out for the following reasons
• To purchase food and necessary supplies. This must be done within a 5km radius from where you live. Only 1 person per household can leave for essential goods, and only once per day.
• Exercise once a day for up to 1 hour within a 5km radius of your home. Gathering sizes will be limited to 2.
• For care and health care including accompanying someone for essential medical care if you are a career, guardian or necessary support person. The 5km limit does not apply to care or caregiving.
• Work. Study at TAFE and University must be done remotely. The 5km limit does not apply to work.
As per Government guidelines please do not attend work or classes and enter the schools if you:
- Feel unwell or are suffering from any cold and flu like symptoms
- Please seek medical advice — get tested
- Have returned from travelling overseas in the past 14 days
- Have a family member who is unwell
- Are waiting on COVID-19 test results
- Once you receive your test results please email to the schools with your results. If your tests results are clear please email the schools and confirm when you will be returning to class
- Are in the middle of a period of self-isolation for any reason
You can still access your live class via a zoom link you will receive upon enrolment or by emailing and getting the link sent.
BEFORE CLASS OR ATTENDANCE AT THE SCHOOLS
- Please ensure you (if an adult student), or your child has eaten and been to the bathroom prior to coming to the school for class
- Food consumption by students is not permitted
- Please ensure you have your own water bottle, or bottles if you need more than one.
- Unfortunately, any water bottles left in the school will be thrown out due to hygiene and safety requirements
- Change rooms in the schools will be closed off and not available for use by students. Students and dancers are required to come dressed for class.
- We understand that some ballet students may be arriving for classes, straight from school. Please wear your dance wear under your uniform are change at your school before you arrive at the National Theatre
- Please ensure that only essential bags are brought to the school with you when attending. Please try and avoid bringing bags where possible.
- Street footwear is to be removed after entering the building and placed in bags — NO STREET FOOTWEAR IS PERMITTED IN ANY OF THE STUDIO CLASSROOMS.
- Drama students will need slippers or ‘clean’ shoes as studio floors can be slippery.
- All students will then take their bags with them into the studio with them and place them designated bag storage area.
SCHOOL RELATED PAYMENTS
- All payments relevant to classes or uniforms are to be made ON-LINE. This is the only form of payment accepted due to hygiene requirements
- Please email the schools’ administration team if you have any questions regarding payment firstname.lastname@example.org
KISS & GO
- No parents or friends are to enter the school. It will be KISS & Go at the school entrance. A member of school staff will be there to greet your child and direct them to the bag drop off A teacher will then collect them from the bag drop off area and take them to their class studio.
- Students are not permitted to gather in the foyers or hallways or indoor spaces.
- All persons entering the schools must use the hand sanitiser located at the entry.
- All persons entering a studio for class must use the hand sanitiser on entry to the studio.
- No street shoes are to be worn or taken into the studios but should be stored in bags or in the allocated bag storage room.
- Students are required to stay 1.5 metres apart. Our teachers will supervise and support students to be able to do this.
- Barres and the floor will be clearly marked to show the appropriate distancing for ballet.
- Instructors/teachers will maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from students.
- No observers are permitted. Only students & teachers are permitted in a studio.
- Use of shared props and partner work/physical contact is not permitted — (unless it is with members of your own household).
- No more than two (2) persons are permitted in any of the toilets at any one time.
- Toilet traffic will be supervised.
- Persons using the toilets must wash their hands thoroughly after use.
- Persons entering a class after visiting the toilets must use hand sanitiser upon re-entry.
IN BETWEEN CLASSES AND AFTER CLASS
HYGIENE PROCEDURES — OUR STAFF
- The school will be thoroughly cleaned by our trained contract cleaners each night during the schools’ term.
- Hygiene cleaning will be undertaken by teachers and dedicated cleaning staff, before and after each class.
- Teachers are responsible for wiping down and disinfecting barres between each class and at the start of each day.
- Teachers are responsible for wiping down and disinfecting door handles, balustrades and any other high contact surfaces, before and after each class.
- Cleaning kits will be located in each studio.
- A duty staff member will sweep & light mop the studio floors between each.
- Antibacterial soap will be provided in all toilets and sanitiser will be provided inside the entry to all studios or classrooms.
- All staff must commit to ensuring they regularly clean their own personal equipment, including sunglasses, mobile phones, iPads, desks and computers.
- All water bottles, hair accessories, and personal belongings left by students or staff must be disposed of.
AFTER CLASS — STUDENT PICK UP AND EXIT PROCEDURES
Note: students will start to exit the building for collection by parents at the scheduled class finish time. Schools management will endeavor to finish class 5 mins prior to allow for this.
- Parents arriving to collect students will be required to wait outside the front of the theatre on Barkley Street. Your child will exit through the main foyer
- A staff member will ensure children are placed with the parents or carer on exit
SIMPLE STEPS FOR OUR STUDENTS & FACILITIES
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your dedicated class start time.
- Arrive and KISS & GO drop off at the entrance to the Schools.
- Our supervising staff will meet & escort students into the schools.
- They will be guided to a designated area to take off their street shoes before taking any bags or shoes to the designated storage area.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the designated class finish time to collect your child.
- Students will exit via the theatre foyers at the main entrance to the theatre on Barkley Street side of the building.