Operating procedures for Staff, Students & Parents
The following information is provided for, Full Time students , parents & guardians at the National Theatre Schools.
Please note: Some requirements have been updated since Term 3, in line with current Government Guidelines.
It is essential that we maintain a safe working environment for all attending the schools.
The following procedures are therefore mandatory.
As per Government guidelines please do not attend classes or enter the schools if you:
- Feel unwell or are suffering from any cold and flu like symptoms.
Please seek medical advice – get tested.
Please email the schools to inform us that you will not be attending class or if you would like to attend a given class via Zoom.
- Have returned from travelling overseas in the past 14 days
- Have a family member who is unwell.
- Are waiting on COVID-‐19 test results.
Once you receive your test results please send an email to the schools with your results. If your test results are clear please email the schools and confirm when you will be returning to class.
- Are in the middle of a period of self-‐isolation for any reason.
BEFORE CLASS OR ATTENDANCE AT THE SCHOOLS
- In line with government health guidelines, face masks must be worn by all staff & students. (unless legal exemption applies) .
Please follow Mask Wearing Procedures
FOOD – SCHOOL KITCHEN & RECREATION AREA
- The school’s student & staff kitchen recreation area is not available for use during Term 4 due to hygiene management requirements. Some student groups will be entering & exiting the building via the exit in this space but otherwise it cannot be used.
Please bring your own lunch – unfortunately you cannot use the kitchen to re-‐heat food.
- Please ensure you have your own water bottle or bottles if you need more than one.
Unfortunately, any water bottles left in the school will be thrown out due to hygiene and safety requirements.
CLOTHING – SCHOOL LOCKER ROOMS & CHANGE ROOMS
- Change rooms & locker rooms in the schools will be closed off and not available for use by students or staff. Students are required to arrive dressed for class.
We understand that some students may be arriving for classes, straight from school. Please wear your dance or class wear under your uniform or change at your school before you arrive at the National Theatre.
- Please ensure that only essential bags are brought to the school with you when attending class. Please try and avoid bringing bags where possible.
- Street footwear is to be removed after entering the building and placed in bags – NO STREET FOOTWEAR IS PERMITTED IN ANY OF THE STUDIO CLASS ROOMS.
All students will then take their bags with them into the studio and place them in the designated bag storage area.
SCHOOL RELATED PAYMENTS
- All payments relevant to classes or uniforms are to be made ON-‐LINE. This is the only form of payment accepted due to hygiene requirements.
- Please email the schools administration team if you have any questions regarding payment methods firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
ON ARRIVAL AT THE SCHOOLS
ENTRY & EXITS FOR ATTENDANCE AT THE SCHOOLS
- The only entry to the school for Term 4 will be the main entry off Talbot Park Reserve with one exception:
All students leaving the building will exit via the main entry off Talbot Park Reserve unless directed by teaching staff to use the exit doors located in some school studios.
KISS & GO
- No parents, guardians or friends are to enter the school. It will be Kiss & Go at the school entrance. A member of school staff will be there to greet you.
- A member of schools staff will complete a ‘temperature check’ for all students & staff entering the schools. Records of daily temperature checks are required to be maintained under the current health guide lines.
- All persons entering the schools must use the hand sanitiser located at the entry.
STUDENT & STAFF SIGN IN
- All students & staff are required to sign in each day upon entry to the schools. The schools will be using a QR Code check in system to sign in. School Administration staff will send out an email to all students with any relevant QR code information prior to Term 4.
REMOVE STREET SHOES
- Once signed in please use one of the ‘distanced chairs’ located in the foyer to remove your shoes & place in your bag. Then proceed to your designated studio class. Ballet shoes or class shoes are to be put on in your designated class room.
Students are not permitted to gather in the foyers, hallways or indoor spaces. Ø Please ensure that while you are in the foyers & hallways you maintain social
- All persons entering a studio for class must use the hand sanitiser on entry to the studio.
- No street shoes are to be worn or taken into the studios unless they are stored in bags and in the allocated bag storage room.
- Students are required to stay 1.5 metres apart. Our teachers will supervise and support students to be able to do this.
Barres and the floor will be clearly marked to show the appropriate distancing.
- Instructors/teachers will maintain 1.5 metres from students.
- No observers are permitted. Only students & teaching staff are permitted in a studio.
- Use of shared props and partner work/physical contact is not permitted – unless it is with members of your own household.
- No more than two (2) persons are permitted in any of the toilets at any one time.
- Toilet traffic will be supervised.
- Persons using the toilets must wash their hands thoroughly after use.
- Persons entering a class after visiting the toilets must use hand sanitiser upon re -‐entry.
IN BETWEEN CLASSES AND AFTER CLASS
- If the weather permits it is preferable that students eat their lunch outdoors ensuring that you follow the guidelines for public outdoor gatherings – Third Step – up to 10 people – socially distanced.
If the weather is not suitable to allow eating lunch outdoors – please ensure you use the ‘distanced chairs’ located in the foyers. Please remember the student recreation area & kitchen cannot be used for Term 4.
HYGIENE PROCEDURES INBETWEEN & AFTER CLASSES – OUR STAFF
Note: Each student class group will use one dedicated studio or class location & will not move studios.
- The school will be thoroughly cleaned by our trained contract cleaners each night during schools’ term.
DAY DUTY CLEANING STAFF – A Duty contract cleaner will under take ‘Touch Point’ hygiene cleaning in the school foyers, toilets & entry/exit areas twice per day – each day of Term 4.
In studio/classroom hygiene cleaning will be undertaken by schools teachers at each class break, including lunch breaks, in-‐between classes & at the end of each class.
- Teachers are responsible for wiping down and disinfecting barres, desks, computers & high touch point areas.
Teacher Cleaning kits will be located in each studio classroom.
- Antibacterial soap will be provided in all toilets and sanitiser will be provided inside the entry to all studios or classrooms.
- All staff must commit to ensuring they regularly clean their own personal equipment, including sunglasses, mobile phones, iPads, desks and computers.
- All water bottles, hair accessories and personal belongings left by students or staff will be disposed of.
AFTER CLASS – STUDENT PICK UP AND EXIT PROCEDURES
- Exit will be via the designated entry point as outlined above.
Note: students will start to exit the building for collection by parents, guardians or friends at the scheduled class finish time. Schools management will endeavour to finish class 5 mins prior to allow for this.
- Parents/guardians/friends arriving to collect/meet students will be required to wait outside the entry/exit point.
In line with government health advice & as a further safety measure the National Theatre will be implementing ‘Work Bubbles’ across in the National Theatre building for Term 4. The building will be divided into three work bubble areas with movement between these areas heavily restricted to support social distancing & hygiene management.
The work bubble areas will be as follows:
- National Theatre Schools
- National Theatre Management & Administration Offices & Theatre Foyers
- National Theatre Stage, Backstage & Auditorium.
National Theatre staff will be trained to maintain the work bubbles & will only move between areas in the case of an emergency, where-‐by they will follow clearly outlined hygiene procedures.
FIRST AID & PHYSIOTHERAPY AREA ( Studio -‐ 3)
The National Theatre schools have a designated first-‐aid room set up with the appropriate PPE & related procedures to manage & appropriately support any student or staff member who is confirmed as being infected with or is showing symptoms of COVID-‐19 while attending the schools.
If we all work together as a team, we will be able to make all of the procedures outlined above manageable.
It will eventually become routine.
We would ask for your patience and that everyone be patient with each other as we get everyone into routine of the NEW COVID NORMAL for attending class at the National Theatre Schools.
Let’s work together so we can all STAY SAFE!