Junior Extension Artists Program
Duration: The last 2 weeks of every Victorian school term
Cost: $800.00 Inc. GST
Audition Application: Click Here
The J.E.A.P (Junior Extension Artists Program) gives opportunities to students that show excellent facility in ballet aged between 14 and 17 that live in Australia and New Zealand from regional and remote areas, expanding their dance, performance, choreographic skills and technique while connecting with other like-minded peers and forming life-long bonds with others under the banner of the National Theatre Ballet School.
The J.E.A.P program offers pathways as the students mature in their dance practise and drive to a further professional career.
The opportunities that will be gained are professional-level coaching from former highly acclaimed professional dancers, specialty male coaching from Artistic Director Damian Smith. Exposure to full home stage (National Theatre Melbourne) onstage productions and studio performances, four times a year ballet, Contemporary and other dance genres including a ‘The Choreography Workshop’ season. All productions and studio performances will be performed within the school’s multiple venues including our very own 800 seat beaux arts theatre, our intimate black box theatre and our main studio 5 for demonstrations.
The cost of each term is $800 for the full two weeks per term included in the fee is a $100 costume levy for each production. All acceptances will require full payment for each term to confirm your place in JEAP.
Application ProcessClick Here to Apply Now
To apply for the J.E.A.P program, see below.
One or two-paragraph letter that is written by the applicant addressed to the Artistic Director, Mr Damian Smith stating why they should be accepted into the JEAP program and what they hope to gain from the experience
- Provide a video link 5 min (maximum) Barre work consisting of plie (demi and grande in 1st, 2nd, and 5th), tendus and jetes, adage, grand battement. 10 min (maximum) Centre work consisting of Adage, Pirouette enchainement (pirouettes en dehors and endedndedan), Petit Allegro, Medium Allegro, and Grande Allegro. Pointe work: Females – 5 min (maximum) centre work including releves and echappes, pirouettes and/or a traditional Variation
- Advanced female students should be en pointe by age of 14 years
Submit Personal Details
- Fill in all personal details including leotard size and height for costuming.
- Guardian Details
- Current School
- The Ballet Syllabus trained in
- Current training level
- List any injuries/medical conditions
- Submit 3 Photos (These do not need to be professionally taken)
- Photo 1. In parallel (6th position) arms by the side.
- Photo 2. Standing in degage decote (seconde) with arms in second position.
- Photo 3. In the first arabesque (any side)
- Tick if yes or no if the approval of the current school Owner/Director to attend JEAP has been given.
- Click Here to Apply Now
- Girls black leotard, pink convertible tights, and black convertible tights.
- Short black skirt
- Pointe shoes and leather ballet flats, jazz shoes preferably tan if you have them
- Boys Black tights and black tunic
- Black ballet flats/ white for production as needed
- Extra private coaching and workshops are available from time to time by the Artistic Director, Associate Directors, The Australian Ballet Artists, and International guest teachers are at an extra cost and can be arranged privately via administration at the National Theatre Ballet School.
- For current J.E.A.P Students; A letter of invitation and confirmation for 2020, including an invoice will be sent the last week of January for the first term of 2020.
The National Theatre Ballet School is proudly a not for profit charitable entity supporting the arts since 1939.
|Program Intake||Program Dates||Application Close Date|
|JEAP - Intake 1||16 Mar - 28 Mar 2020||02 Feb 2020|
|JEAP - Intake 2||15 Jun - 27 Jun 2020||08 May 2020|
|JEAP - Intake 3||07 Sep - 19 Sep 2020||08 Aug 2020|
|JEAP - Intake 4||23 Nov - 05 Dec 2020||08 Oct 2020|