Careers at The National
The National Theatre and our Ballet and Drama Schools are fuelled by a small team of passionate arts administrators, technical and production staff. We pride ourselves on creating a positive and collegiate work environment that encourages the pursuit of individual excellence within a collaborative and cohesive team dynamic. If you share our passion for developing young artists, presenting incredible theatre shows and making significant contributions to Melbourne’s vibrant arts community, then The National Theatre may well be just the right place for you to work.
HEAD OF BALLET AND DRAMA SCHOOLS ADMINISTRATION
Award: ESPSEA 2022 – MA000075
Salary Level: General Staff 7.2: $80,162.37 ($72,874.88 + 10% Superannuation)
Position Employment Type Permanent
Attendance Type: Full Time
Team Ballet & Drama Schools, National Theatre
Standard Hours: 5 days per week, two days 8 am-4 pm; three days 9am-5pm
The National Theatre Schools Head of Schools Administration leads the administration to deliver the smooth running of the Full-Time and Part-Time Ballet and Drama Schools with the sole purpose of customer-centred delivery of service and RTO compliance.
This senior management role reports directly to the CEO and sits alongside the Artistic Directors of the Ballet and Drama and Schools. Working with the CEO to help to grow the business will be a key focus of this role; this objective will be achieved through ensuring compliance, and nurturing relationships with feeder schools nationally and internationally.
You will thrive in this busy environment and continue to strive for excellence building a team around you that have the same passion for the organisation. Your team reflects your passion for being part of a successful and happy environment.
This role is responsible for ensuring the medium-to-long term planning of the schools and scheduling the schools’ activities and the contracts that ensure their delivery.
Creating and overseeing the annual schools’ budget will be key to delivering success for the schools’ sustainable future.
- Lead point of contact for working within an RTO environment.
- Ensure the safety and care of students aged from 3yrs to 99yrs.
- Meet the National Theatre Melbourne codes of conduct and values, as they are the ethos of the organisation
- Contribute to and support the achievement of the National Theatre Melbourne and goals and objectives
- Align with authorised National Theatre policies, guidelines, and procedures and
- Support and contribute to customer service and a positive team-focused work environment
- Protect the safety of self and other workers through safe work practices
Reports to: CEO
Reporting line: Schools Administration Manager; Schools Administrator; 3 to 4 casual administrators.
Leads the Schools administration team which includes overseeing the rostering and service delivery of Welcome Desk casual administrators (3-4 on short shifts throughout the week).
Works closely with: Artistic Director of Ballet; Artistic Director of Drama; Associate Director of Ballet; Venue Operations Manager.
ACCOUNTABILITY & EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
This role is accountable to the CEO and is responsible for effective and efficient Schools operations at the National Theatre Melbourne and ensuring compliance is maintained.
Set in place the timelines by which the Artistic Directors and Associate Director must adhere to ensure the delivery of the Full-Time and Part-Time Schools.
Understand and observe the National Theatre Melbourne school’s procedures.
Leadership: to the leadership of the CEO and in conjunction with the Artistic Directors of the Schools, contribute to the implementation of the National Theatre’s strategic plan.
Develop best practice strategies in business development in delivering arts training.
Management: Lead the effective management of the Ballet and Drama Schools, ensuring that all educational compliance targets and business goals are achieved.
Assume responsibility for performance management of the Schools Administration Manager, Schools Administrator, and the Casual Welcome Desk Team.
Revenue & Financial Management: Working with the CEO and the Accountant, undertake financial planning and management, including preparation of budget and adhering to budget.
Compliance: ensure compliance with all applicable regulations including but not limited to RTO Standards 2015, VSL Act 2016, ESOS National Code.
Key relationships: Maintain a strong relationship with the CEO and two Artistic Directors and Associate Director.
Build and maintain good working relationships with the Schools Administration Manager, the teaching faculty, the Venue Operations Manager.
- Experience of working within an educational environment, particularly in relation to RTO Standards 2015
- Working knowledge of VSL funding (or similar) and advertising requirements,
- Knowledge of ESOS National Code and use of PRISMS/CRICOS
- Experience of ASQA including adding/amending scopes to ensure compliance maintained
- Working with Children Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Experience in invoices and financial procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours; very occasional evening /weekend work – once or twice a year around productions and graduation ceremonies).
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment / and or Compliance qualification (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of or interest in the Performing Arts
- Experience of Timetabling
- Experience of aXcelerate database or similar SMS
- Current “Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate”
- Previous experience in coordinating volunteers
- Continual professional training and development opportunities
- Staff Parking
- A short tram ride from Melbourne CBD in bustling St Kilda, 3 mins walk from beach
- Complimentary tickets to The National Theatre Ballet and Drama School productions, and shows presented at the National Theatre ((subject to availability)
- Discounts for staff and immediate family members to attend part-time and short Ballet and Drama School courses
You can download a position description and selection criteria information here.
Applications for the position close on Sunday 29 May, 2022 at midnight.
Interviews will be scheduled for w/c 15 June, 2022
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, two referees, and a separate document addressing the Selection Criteria. Please email your application to email@example.com